What is enlightened economics?
Many of us believe that current organisational systems don't work, that they don't match up with who we really are, because they are "dehumanised".
The importance of economics is undeniable, because without the generation of wealth, development of anything else is impossible; but this development cannot come at just any price.
Enlightened Economics is no more than a question of redirecting what we do on the economic plane to the essence of the human being:
- Putting our work at our service or development, and not the other way round, so that our input can be something to benefit from, something that corresponds to what we have come to do and for which we are fairly rewarded.
- Remembering that it always has to be the person playing the central role, over and above objectives.
- Making Being prevail over Having, giving consideration to what we really need and how much we need it.
- Respecting others as we do ourselves; this includes the environment that we will bequeath to our descendants; honouring our elderly; and respecting conditions of race, gender, beliefs or any other circumstances.
- Being coherent with our values, so that we can transmit enthusiasm in our projects and make them grow out of our own inner strength, creating related teams which are aiming for the same higher purpose.
We are an NGO, or non-profit association, designed for people interested in building alternative systems to current economics, using their personal or professional input.
All ideas and input are welcome, as long as they are in line with the values that we present in the Decalogue.
This is the mission included in our statutes, registered in Spain at international level:
- To publicise ideas, solutions and systems which are alternatives to current economics, fostering a forum for communication and ongoing exchange of knowledge and experience.
- To organise forums for reflection, to share ideas, solutions and systems which are alternatives to current economics.
- To encourage collaboration and the gathering together of different proposals as solutions which add up and complement each other, and which open the way for a new enlightened system of economics.
We would like to be able to see the seeds which we are sowing grow all over the world:
- To build a network of enlightened entrepreneurs and business people who can exchange opinions and solutions for economic transformation.
- To offer training and project, congress, workshop and conference management courses, both on-site and on-line, in order to remain fully in touch and up to date.
- To have Enlightened Economics offices all over the world.
- To foster renewable energy companies.
- To promote Ethical Banking everywhere.
- To set up agreements in Education to teach Enlightened Economics.
- To create an Enlightened Economics city as a model which can be exported worldwide.
Our short term objective is its implementation in 2015 in Argentina by means of the 2nd International Congress on August 7 and 8 in Buenos Aires.
Enlightened Economics Decalogue.
(As retrieved from the conclusions of the 1st International Congress).
- Aim to ensure that we all benefit (win-win-win): you-everyone else-Earth.
- Respect others as you respect yourself: this includes the environment that we will bequeath to our descendants, honouring our elderly, and respecting conditions of race, gender, beliefs or any other circumstances.
- People and the Earth must always play the central role, over and above objectives.
- Being must prevail over Having (integrating material and spiritual matters)
- Put your gifts and talents into practice, undertaking projects and business from your heart.
- Your work, something to benefit from: consider what you really need to do and how much you need it, and that is should be fairly rewarded.
- Be coherent with your values, so that you can transmit enthusiasm in your projects and make them grow out of your own inner strength, creating related teams which are aiming for the same higher purpose.
- Within the community, collaborate and act for the common good, with cohesion and social equity.
- Be lucid, congruent, responsible and fair with resources.
- Let's do this all together, what can you put in?